Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crazy Weekend




So we got some snow and ice today and it's insane. My brother in law has been snowed in for 3 days in Greensburg, KS where he works. A friend of mine in OK was snowed in and couldn't get out of her house. This weather is insane. Seriously. It's the major ups and downs I don't get.

So we have had a good weekend so far. Jennifer took the kids to see Monsters vs Aliens at the imax theater and they stayed the night. She was cracking up because she put a PS2 in their room...yes they have a room there and they both sat on the couch and played on her iphone for hours until they fell out asleep.

One of Jackson's friend's Carson..his little brother had a birthday party at the YMCA today, a swimming party. Nothing like swimming in a snow storm. So we went to that and wow was Jackson happy to get out of the house. We stoped at Redbox and got some movies...how about that Redbox..wow love that. $1 to rent a movie, you can't beat that.
Here are some pictures of the kids swimming. I left Jackson at the party on purpose to see how he would do. I took my cell phone and went to the grocery store right up the road because it was so bad, of course it had all stopped (the snow) by the time I got back to the party. But I left for about an hour and he did good. Shelby was with him though and I don't realize because of the regular sibbling fighting how much she nurtures and cares for him. I know she really does love him, even though no sibling wants to say that. I caught some great pictures while they weren't looking.

Tomorrow is my cooking for the week day and getting all the clothes out for the week so I don't like Sundays too much but everyone is excited I am making fried pork cops and cheesy potatoes. It takes forever but they love it...heck I love it but it's so dang bad for you.

My CD player quit working in my car and wow do I feel like I am back in the old days, can't find my ipod, no cds..what's left radio...who listens to the radio..lol. So I gotta find something to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment