Saturday, December 12, 2009

Winter Wonderland

So we had a beautiful 1st snow this year. We got a fun snow day out of it and the cool thing is it was still around until today which doesn't usually happen in MO. Usually it's snowing one day and 65 the next. The kids got to do some more sledding today.

We woke up with the intention of making cookies, cupcakes and homemade candy for the neighbors like we do every year. I had everything bought ahead of time so it would be ready. I had to leave this morning to make it to the pharmacy before it closed so I did that and then decided I would run by Redbox...bad idea..nothing got done. We watched movies all day. It seems so rare anymore that all 4 of us are actually at home on the weekend. Shelby is older and has so many activities and of course is with her Dad on the weekend a lot so I guess I just decided to take advantage of it. I have a feeling this year may end up like a couple of years ago when it was ME making all the treats! Oh well.

Me and Shelby messed around on the computer a bunch today and created a you tube channel for our personal stuff. It is our new years resolution this year to stay more connected with our family even though most are far away. So we now have a you tube channel. I uploaded some video from this past year and am not done yet and then we started making some slide shows as well. We got the 2009 tournament all done already. We needed to do that to get it on the non profit website before we send out the team mailings in January for our teams anyway. So we killed two birds with one stone:).

Here is the our channel: http://youtube.com/2dogs2kidsmo

I think finally this year we will have made enough over the 4 tournaments to actually pay for the non profit stuff to be set up. I can't wait until we can! Then there is so much more we can do to help families who have been through situations like ours. They may not happen everyday but when they do there should be resources for those children. If anything can come from this I pray it's that it's simply one less child suffers so much.

So until next time.....Love to all.

P.S. I watched The View yesterday...I'm behind it was recorded and Aretha Franklin sang my FAVORITE Christmas song. Oh Holy Night....no one ever sings the whole song though!

No comments:

Post a Comment